Springtime Around Rawal Lake, Islamabad


Hello, it’s RMK here. I had been thinking that it wouldn’t be very difficult for me to keep updating the blog regularly, after ISLBIRDER left for UK. Now I realise that it is in fact very difficult to do so.  With a smile Mrs. RMK said, that it was him  (ISLBIRDER) who kept pushing you guys to update the blog. With a smile I replied YES it was him.

Red-wattled Lapwing Riaz
Anyway, I am very busy with business these days and SVZ is in South Africa. However, the thing is that this winter was terrible for birders and photographers in Pakistan. Hardly could I get the right sunlight during the weekends and I couldn’t find as many birds compared to 2013. 

Zitting Cisticola Riaz
Today, Sunday 13 April 14 I decided to pay visit to Rawal Lake and check for spring birds in the area. There were beautiful flowers on the eastern side and I managed to obtain a few shots.

Plain Prinia Riaz
I think I will be doing much of my photography in the mountains and I hope that we will share some lovely images from the pine forests.

A Bluthroat following a bath. Riaz
Great to hear from you; some beautiful shots and I look forward to you getting up into the higher Margalla Hills and Nathia Gali now that the snows will have melted. Don’t forget the Orange Bullfinch site. It would be amazing if you could get some shots of these beautiful birds after the deep snow thwarted us last winter Islbirder.

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Birds Found in Pakistan

Kalar Kahar 62 Species

The Breeding Season in the Margalla Hills & a Trip to Shogran