Breeding Birds Preparing Around Islamabad

Hello readers, Swabi birder had a busy weekend with the birds in Margalla hills and Rawal Lake. Sunday 4 March 2018 was a lovely sunny day, with the onset of spring in the Capital. Flowers have carpeted the parks and the lakeside. The amazingly green Islamabad is blooming these days.

Grey-headed Canary Flycatcher
I, along with Mrs Swabi birder, decided to walk in the woodland at Kharian village to avoid the crazy traffic that has started in this capital city over the past years. My wife an ideal life partner, who encourages my interest she has developed a liking for the birds and I am happy that I have added another birder to the list in Islamabad. I remember Islbirder used to go birding with Mrs Islbirder.  I am trying to keep the tradition of my best buddy going on. I hope the readers will appreciate that.

Citrine Wagtail

Migratory birds and waders are on the move and the lakeside is an interesting place to visit. Spring is in the air and birds are calling each other and l believe that soon breeding season will commence in earnest.  I have noticed birds collecting nesting material and activities have started already.

Little Ringed Plover
Besides the common birds at Kharian, a pair of Grey-headed Canary Flycatchers flew under the tree canopy and busily caught flies and sang to attract each other.

The lakeside at Rawal Lake was crossed by clean air from all sides and ripples upon the water reflected the sunlight like jewels. The Pied Kingfisher was busy hunting as usual and was enjoying a small fish it caught.




Pied Kingfisher
Additionally, my Team members from www.woodnotefilms had a wonderful time with the people from US Embassy and USAID in Islamabad, at the screening of our documentary the Pursuit of the Phantom. We had shared our experience of how the conflict between humans and natural world can be avoided.


With an aim to conserve the natural history and biodiversity of this amazing country, I and my team have so much on our agenda to go for and hopefully one day we will succeed in realising our dream.

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Birds Found in Pakistan

The Breeding Season in the Margalla Hills & a Trip to Shogran

Kalar Kahar 62 Species